New students (freshmen, transfers & re-admits) who plan to reside on campus are required to submit a Housing Application on-line through the College's campus housing management system, The Housing Director (THD). Each student has their own account on THD called Self-Service THD. Self-Service THD is where the Housing Application can be found. The Housing Application consists of the Residence Area Occupancy Agreement (RAOA) and questions that will assist us in providing you with your preferred housing assignment (e.g. residence area and room type). The Residence Area Occupancy Agreement (RAOA) is for the entire academic year and cannot be canceled during that time unless you withdraw from the College. The RAOA is a legally-binding document similar to a lease. Please make sure that you carefully read the RAOA in full prior to completing the Housing Application.
Housing assignments are made according to the date your enrollment deposit was received by the Office of Admission. Specific assignment and roommate preferences will be honored whenever possible, but cannot be guaranteed. The earlier your enrollment deposit date, the greater the likelihood of receiving first preference on your specific housing assignment requests.
During the 2022-2023 academic year, entering freshmen will be assigned to Hoosac Hall and transfer students will be assigned with returning students in either Hoosac Hall or the Flagg Townhouse Apartment Complex.
The Housing Application must be completed no later than Friday, January 6th. Specific room assignments and other pertinent information will be available in your Self-Service THD account on Wednesday, January 11th.
College policy requires that all students reside on campus and participate in the the College-specified meal plan program during their first three years at MCLA. Transfer students receive a one-, two- or three-year on-campus residency requirement based on the number of credits transferred in.
Students in good standing at the institution are eligible for on-campus housing after the completion of their on-campus residency requirement. After the first year, housing assignments are made in the spring during the Returning Student Housing Assignment Process. The order in which students select their assignments is based on the number of completed credits. You will receive additional information about this process during the school year.
We are pleased to provide the required Housing Application in an on-line format. Please read the following instructions carefully and be sure to pay particular attention to what you need to do and the deadline date for doing it. This will prevent you from losing your place in the housing assignment queue which is based on the date you paid your enrollment deposit.
1. Your Housing Application must be submitted no later than Friday, January 6th. Prior to going on-line to complete your Housing Application, make sure that you have set up your MCLA e-mail account. You should also read the information about MCLA's Living-Learning Communities and Theme Housing as you will be asked to indicate your interest in joining one of them.
2. Log in to the MCLA Portal Page to access Self-Service THD.
3. Go to your Self-Service THD account by doing the following. Click on the Student Life drop down list on the MCLA Portal Page. Locate the Self-Service THD link in the drop down list and click on it. Once you're in Self-Service THD, click on the "Applications" tab and select the "2022-2023 New Student Housing Assignment Process (Spring 2023)."
4. Review and electronically sign the Housing Application. Next, click "Submit." If you are under the age of 18 at the time you submit your Housing Application, an e-mail will be sent to your parent or guardian so they can co-sign your Residence Area Occupancy Agreement (RAOA). Your Housing Application will not be complete until this happens.
5. After submitting your application, a confirmation screen should appear. You will also receive a confirmation e-mail in your MCLA e-mail account. If you do not, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Once you receive your confirmation, return to your Self-Service THD account to select a roommate if you already have one in mind. Remember, your preferred roommate must also complete their Housing Application in order for you to select them. No specific roommate in mind? No worries, Residence Life & Housing will choose a roommate for you based on the information you provided in your Housing Application.
7. Rooms will be assigned by Residence Life & Housing and posted on Self-Service THD on Wednesday, January 11th. You can find a sample floor plan for Hoosac Hall here.
8. Spring semester check-in for new students will take place on Monday, 1/16 and Tuesday, 1/17 from 10:00 am - 8:00 pm. To help get ready for your move here, read through the room decorating and packing information.
9. If you have a need that requires a housing accommodation, please visit the Disability Resources Office web page for important information and instructions.